Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Power of A Letter

from lettersofnote.com
You can try to decipher this letter before you read the transcription....giving you warning before I transcribe it for you, it reads:
My Dearest Fanny,
I am writing these few lines to tell you that I cannot live any longer without you. I worship you always. I think you are a beauty and the nicest girl I ever saw and I adore you. Oh exquisite Fanny, do not despise me for loving you so well. I shall be broken-hearted if you desert me. Can you meet me on Monday night, when I will take you to the Star Music Hall. I hate that Bill Robinson, who is hanging after you and I intend to horsewhip him when I see him. I shall be delighted to hear from you at once. Do not let my suit be fruitless. Reply by next post to
Your loving
William Weightman
William Weightman may not be as elegant or poetic as Napoleon or Beethoven, but you have to give him credit for his creativity. Code deciphering? That's pretty awesome...although I have gotten them in the form of rap songs and cross word puzzles before...I guess I should give those guys credit too. The most recent letters I've received are the most amazing I've ever gotten; so much so that they persuaded me to jump head first into something I was completely unsure I wanted. I couldn't be happier! Ahh letters.....SO......if you want a girl to fall in love with you, write them a letter. Even if you suck at writing, take a cue from William Weightman and get creative!
P.S. Lettersofnote.com is amazing for letters...not just love letters, all kinds of letters. Including Harvey Weinstein telling someone they are boring. --> Info via BFF: Veronica So. Maybe I should do a blog about Friend love!


No comments:

Post a Comment